To successfully complete any Law Society of Ontario recognized accreditation, a student must complete particular criteria of field placement (paralegals) or articling (lawyers), with a qualified supervising host.
I Seek a Host
The field placement is intended to provide the student with exposure to real world legal situations and, preferrably, some actual hands-on support experience.
A placement student:
- Will openly exhibit humility;
- Will communicate forthcomingly;
- Will demonstrate loyalty and respect;
- Will adhere to confidentiality rules;
- Will welcome constructive criticisms;
- Will dutifully accept and perform tasks;
- Will perform openmindedly; and
- Will contribute effectively.